We’re COVID Safe!
Queen’s Hall has been awarded with The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels Stamp. WTTC has created health safety protocols to guide tourism stakeholders in safe operating practices to ensure internationally acceptable benchmarks for the safe restart of the industry. The Stamp recognises the destination authorities and companies around the world that are adopting WTTC’s health and hygiene protocols, from enhancing sanitation and deep cleaning practices to promoting contact tracing apps. The aim is promoting confidence in getting back to travel once again and experiencing safe travels.
QUEEN’S HALL’S HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
FOR REOPENING OF SAFE ZONE
YOUR GUIDE TO A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE THEATRE EXPERIENCE
We’re thrilled to welcome you back to Queen’s Hall.
The health and safety of our patrons, performers, and team members is our number one priority. We have worked closely with Government and local health authorities to responsibly and thoughtfully implement new safety protocols to provide you with not only a safe, but enjoyable experience. We look forward to giving you a reason to cheer and creating unforgettable memories with you, once again.
Be sure to check back here as information is updated often.
By entering Queen’s Hall, you agree to follow the current Public Health Regulations for Cinemas and Theatres (licensed under the Theatre and Dancehall Act). All guests aged 12 and over are required to present either proof of full vaccination (two weeks since your final dose) or a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hours of the event date. A photo ID matching the vaccination or negative test record is required for all ticketed guests. Remember, if you’re not feeling well, please stay home!
Proof of Full Vaccination:
Proof of full vaccination, showing that the attendee has received, more than two weeks prior to the event, either:
- the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca-Oxford, Sinopharm, or Sinovac) or
- a dose of the single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson).
The following are acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination:
- Attendee’s physical COVID-19 vaccination record OR
- Photo of attendee’s vaccination card as a separate document;
- OR Photo of attendee’s vaccine card stored on attendee’s mobile device or electronic device;
- OR Documentation of the attendee’s full vaccination status against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider (on a mobile app, paper document, digital wallet card).
Vaccination records must clearly show the name of the vaccinated attendee, type of COVID-19 vaccine administered, and date(s) of each dose administered.
Proof of Negative result:
Proof of negative result from either a PCR COVID-19 test, taken within 48 hours of the event and with results available prior to entry into the venue.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test result:
- a printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) showing test result;
- OR an electronic test result (email, text message
- OR mobile application record) displayed on attendee’s phone or mobile device.
Test results must clearly show the name of the tested attendee, type of test performed, date of the test, and the negative test result.
Face Coverings Required:
All Guests are required to wear a face covering that covers both the nose and mouth at all times, unless actively eating or drinking. Gaiters, bandanas and coverings with exhalation vents are prohibited; a face shield still requires a face covering.
For the safety of everyone, guests unable to wear proper face coverings will not be admitted into the venue.
Mobile Ticketing & Entry Process:
All ticketed guests will be asked to have their tickets to the event on their mobile device
Wash your Hands:
Clean your hands often by washing with soap and water for 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer.
QUEEN’S HALL’S SAFETY MEASURES
Please be aware that when you come to the Auditorium, you will be seated according to the Ministry of Health (MOH) Public Health Ordinance prevailing at the date of the performance and not at the time of purchasing your ticket. QH will continue to act in strict compliance with directions from MOH.
Our venue is currently operating at 50% capacity in line with the MOH Public Health Ordinance guidelines.
QH STEPS TO REDUCE THE RISK OF EXPOSURE OF COVID-19
In consultation with the MOH, QH has also taken the following steps:
- Introduced COVID-19 Induction and Orientation training for all employees.
- Established a COVID- 19 Response Plan to deal with a suspected cases of COVID-19.
- Updated all QH Policy to take into account individual risk factors.
- Implemented temperature checks for all persons entering the Theatre.
- Introduced hand washing stations at all entrances to the Auditorium including backstage.
- Introduced QH new Box Office Solution including Online Ticketing and Seat Mapping Facilities where patrons can select their seat preference in advance.
- Upgraded air-conditioning and air-flow throughout the venues. We have upgraded our air-con filters to provide a higher level of air filtration and ensure optimum intake of outside air.
- Designated isolation area taking into account the possibility of one or more persons displaying the signs of COVID-19.
ROLE OF PATRONS, PERFORMERS AND PRODUCERS WHEN YOU VISIT THE THEATRE
- Proof of vaccination status or exemption certificate and negative PCR test MUST be produced before access is granted to the facility.
- Please don’t visit if you feel unwell, have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or have returned from overseas. Please err on the side of caution, and contact us to amend your booking if you need to.
- Ensure your contact information is up to date. If you purchased the Ticket, collect the contact information of your guests and have their permission to share it if required.
- Face masks are mandatory. Audience members as well as backstage cast and crew are required to wear a mask at all times during performances and rehearsals. We ask that you also wear masks in our venue foyers, walkways and washrooms.
- Download your eTicket and have it ready on your mobile phone for scanning as you enter the theatre.
- On arrival, please follow the instructions of the Usher who will direct you straight to your designated seats. Waiting or congregating in the foyer area before, during and after a show is not permitted.
- Practice good hand hygiene by cleaning your hands thoroughly with soap and water at our wash stations, bathrooms and using the hand sanitizing stations throughout the venue.
- Cashless payments recommended. Bring a credit or debit card for purchases.
In keeping with our COVID SAFE measures, all visitors will be required to complete and submit the following Visitor Questionnaire for our contact tracing records :
Visitors who do not comply with these conditions will not be admitted or will be asked to leave the venue to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the theatre and greatly appreciate your support and cooperation.