VACANCY – QH Lighting Technician
|The Lighting Technician operates the stage lighting equipment and is responsible for its basic care and maintenance. The incumbent is also responsible for the configuration of the lighting system to meet the requirements of the client. He/She would be required to work on a shift system and work closely with the other technical departments. This position reports directly to the Lighting Coordinator.|
IMPORTANT & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
|· Meets with clients to ascertain their specific lighting requirements;
· Programmes stage lighting designs submitted by clients and/or lighting designers;
· Riggs lanterns – both in house equipment and visiting company equipment;
· Focusses lanterns – both in house equipment and visiting company equipment;
· Plugs up lanterns – both in house equipment and visiting company equipment;
· Ensures stock control, filing and management of lamps, colour stock and loose equipment;
· Operates computerised lighting console and understands the Digital Mux Protocol and fault-finding techniques;
· Carries out basic maintenance of equipment;
· Fully archive events and shows;
· Maintains a faults and repairs log and reports them to the Lighting Coordinator;
· Any other duties as may be required by his/her Supervisor.
JOB RELATED & ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
· Theatre production including lighting and rigging
· Lighting configuration and design
· Stage Lighting Design
· Basic principles and theories of electricity and electronics
· Hazards and safety precautions of the electricity trade
· Microsoft Office Suite and MAC applications
· Work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Maintain accurate logs, records and basic written reports.
· Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
· Use proper language to effectively communicate to internal and external customers.
· Use tact, initiative, prudence and professionalism.
· Establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with other members of staff.
· Work on heights and close proximity to beams.
· Flexibility to work shifts anywhere between 6am – 12am on any day
|QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Certification in Technical Theatre Production/Lighting or relevant qualification·. Possession of a licensed Wireman’s Certificate.· Five (5) CXC O’Levels Passes inclusive of Mathematics and English would be an asset· Two (2) to Five (5) years’ experience in the technical theatre environment.
· Any other equivalent combination of experience and training.
· Communication and Interpersonal.
· Tact and Professionalism.
· Initiative and Proactiveness.
· Excellent trouble shooting skills.
· Must be a Team Player
· Required to work a flexible schedule to facilitate client and organisation’s needs
Deadline for the submission of applications is Tuesday 4th October 2022. Please send applications to email@example.com